Thursday 1 December 2011

TEACHING PHILOSOPHY






I believe that being to teacher is an honor. In fact it is a very honor job. It is because as a teacher, we spread the knowledge. We make students learn new things. The students that then if they success, become one of the most important person to the world. It all started with the knowledge taught by teacher. Without knowledge, men will never success. Yes, teacher had great influence to a person success. But not to forget, we as a teacher also are the great influence to a person’s failure.



Of course there is clever student and there is not-so-clever student. But they are all our students. Teacher should not be bias. Such thing like ‘teacher’s pet’ should not exist. A teacher had a great responsible to make her students a better person. Even if the student is not clever and cannot learn as well as the other, the teacher can make sure that the student can be someone better. At least the teacher must make sure the student did not become a trouble to the society and country.


Teaching in these days is not the same as 20 years ago. Teacher is now facing the students with very high modern and new class level of thinking. If we teach them with the same method and material as we had been taught before, it is going to be a disaster. I do have goals that I need to achieve as I become a teacher which are:

1. Make sure my students find that their learning process is exciting.

2. To assure that all students understand the content of the topic, not just simply memorize without proper understanding.

3. To treat my students equally regardless achievement, social status, religion, race and gender.

To make sure that I achieve my goals, I need to practice all the things that I learn in university and throughout live. To make learning process more interesting, teacher should not just talk only about the content of the topic. I will use interactive way to teach my students. I will not only teach the content of topic, but also included the use of science in daily life. This will help the student to understand the topic better and keep it in their mind at the same time.

Teacher should not only just teach in classroom only. To make teaching and learning process more exciting, it is important for the teacher to vary its teaching techniques. By doing the certain experiment outside the class is one good alternative. Besides learning what they suppose to learn, students can now related the lesson with their daily life. The application of science in life is actually the best way to make the students remember and automatically memorize the lesson.

Teacher also must show love and respect to students regardless their race, social status, intelligence and gender. Teacher can help students to develop a deep love and respect for themselves and their environment. This can be encouraged through an open sharing of ideas and a judicious approach to discipline. When the voice of each student is heard, the students will feel free to express themselves. I do believe that children have greater respect for their teachers, their peers, and the lessons presented when they feel trusted by their teachers.

I, as a teacher, will try my best to make sure that all my goals are achieved. I wish to make all my students to believe in themselves. In order to make this happen, I have to show them that I believe in them first. I also wish to make my class more exciting and interactive so that my students can give 100% focus in class. I feel that by having all the attention in class, I can improve their understanding and achievement. If I cannot be the best teacher, at least I can be the better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment